2007-04-09

Easter

Easter this year has been great. It's a very long holiday in the Philippines. The holiday started on Maundy Thursday and continues til this coming Monday (not sure what national holiday that is, but it's a holiday).

Today, Easter Sunday, we went to the Market! Market! mall at the The Fort. Sol's church is near there, so I go to the mall while she's at worship. Normally I bring my laptop and read my mail on battery power. Today I walked around with Timmy in his stroller. He had a lot of fun goggling at the Gift Market, at all the colorful novelties for sale. It was a lot of fun for me too, since he was having so much fun and was no trouble at all. For lunch sol, her sister, timmy and I went to Sushi-ya, our favorite japanese restaurant. That's always very good. We also made reservations for after the baby dedication (which is what her church calls baptisms, we're having the Catholic baptism in Cagayan de Oro when we go in June).

After a rest when we got home, Sol was convinced to go to the beauty parlor for a haircut and foot spa (or something). Timmy was very easy to put to sleep (the excitement of the day tired him out, maybe), and we then had wine, Tostitos corn chips, homemade salsa (tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt, pepper, catsup) and cream cheese :-).

I've just finished off the wine and am about to go to bed. Tomorrow, the same. Heheh, we've got another bottle of wine, another pack of chips and more tomatoes, onions, garlic, etc :-).

No comments: