2006-08-31

Disturbing - American Deserters

Stories of american soldiers who have deserted the war in Iraq. Wow, I wonder how much of that is true. Maybe half of it. Maybe most. Disturbing though. Another reason not to go to the United States for a few years. The common people are great, most of them. I've never had problems with Americans I knew personally (although there was the one time I was egged by some New Yorkers in a pickup truck, but I didn't know them :-).

But the government is wrong to be in Iraq, and it's wrong to be destroying and killing Afghans and not rebuilding much of anything for the locals. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I were to be turned right back around because the government is a bit nuts and frustrated and paranoid right now. Maybe when GW Bush and his evil vice president are out of office. Or maybe one or two administrations after that.

I'm sure going to miss my brothers, sister, in-laws, nieces, nephews and Victoria and sunshine, beloved though.

No comments: