2006-03-04

Pride and Prejudice

Sol and I went to see Pride and Prejudice last night (Thursday). I've been sick the past few days, but I felt a bit better that night so we decided to go to Robinson's Galleria to see the film. I wanted to see the film since I love the book and I read the book once a year or so.

The movie is "based" on the book, and Keira Knightley is good as Eliza, but, as with all film adaptations, I didn't like the movie as well as I loved the novel. The scenes and dialogue are from the book, sure, but the film's pace is just too far from the book's. I know that it's necessary to speed things up for film, but they had things happening one thing right after another, without even an attempt at maybe indicating that there was a gap of a week or two between events.

There are other things I didn't feel were right too. But I'm too non-verbal tonight. And tomorrow I'll be too lazy.

No comments: